Thanks for visiting Wiggins Brand All Wood Pickups.
• About Wiggins Brand:
Wiggins Brand is a husband and wife artist team based in Arizona, USA. We are dedicated to producing the most unique and beautiful all wood pickups, and one-of-a-kind fine art glass guitar knobs of unprecedented craftsmanship. We make each pickup and glass product we sell by hand in our studio.
Our pickup designs are originals created with the aid of a CO2 laser to cut and engrave hand selected woods for our bobbins, and are hand scatter-wound to create the tone you need. We use high quality Alnico magnets, 42 & 43 gauge enameled wire, and all pickups are lacquer dipped, wax potted and wrapped with heavy ribbon tape for coil protection. William has devoted his life to creative arts such as photography and fine art painting, and has had a career of woodworking and fabrication for professional frame shops for nearly 30 years. William's experience of woodworking, creative fabrication and a love for instrument building is the foundation of Wiggins Brand today.
• The Wiggins Brand Business Philosophy:
We strive to give our customers the absolute very best guitar pickup possible, with no B.S.....we don't over hype or make claims that aren't true.....we just use the best quality hard woods and the best materials over all. We will not send out a pickup that is not fully tested and correct, and we'll honor a full refund within 15 days of receipt of your pickup(s) if not completely satisfied. Your business is very important to us and you will be treated right. We welcome any questions or comments you may have, just drop us a line. Thank you, William & Renee Wiggins
• Why Choose Wood?: Wood bobbins impart a flavor and warmth to the tone of a pickup. The tone is different from a fiber bobbin pickup; it is richer and fuller than fiber board bobbins. If you’re a guitarist who prefers tone over hype, wood is for you!
Our "Traditionals" line of pickups are built one by one and by hand as our wood pickups are, however this series is our answer to customers who are not into the look of wood or just don't want to change the look of their vintage style guitar. The pickups are made to the same spec's as our wood pickups so they have the great tone you have come to expect from Wiggins Brand.
• Glass Control Knob Care: Glass knobs are very durable and easy to care for, but they are glass and can break or chip if smacked hard enough or dropped. When installing them on your guitar, take care not to force them onto the pot shaft (split shaft pots only!). If the fit seems too tight, simply close the split shaft with pliers a little at a time to test snugness. If too loose, open up the pot shaft a little. Knobs should be installed by pressing straight down onto the shaft, and not a an angle. Press the knob down as far as it will go easily. There will be an approximate 3mm-5mm gap between the knob and the guitar face, depending on how high the retaining nut is on your guitar. To remove a knob, simply pull straight up, but do not torque back and forth. It is also advisable NOT to use a metal jack, as this can chip the bottom edge of the knob. Cleaning is simple, a little soap and water is all you need, but don't use an abrasive pad or gritty cleaners as this can scratch the glass.
• Order Info: At this time, we only accept payment through PayPal. We do not accept international bank-to-bank wires, or personal checks. If you don't have a PayPal account, that's ok, you can use your debit or credit card through the checkout process without ever sharing your card number information with us. Please follow the prompts through checkout, and select your method of payment when asked. Your order will then be processed through our PayPal portal and shopping cart system. If you have any questions about your order, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com, or you can conveniently look up your order with your PayPal emailed receipt. Processing time for your order to be complete from start to finish is approximately 3 weeks, or unless specified. We strive to complete orders on time, if not sooner, and will contact you with a tracking number when your order ships.
• Shipping Info: We ship to most places all over the world, and ship the most economical way, which is usually First Class Mail. We will provide you with a tracking number once your order has shipped so you can easily track it along the way. If you require expedited shipping, please let us know and we can quote you ship times and cost.
USA Domestic orders shipping quote:
• Orders totaling $0 to $250 = $9.50,
• $250.01 to $350 = $15,
• $350.01 and up = $20.
International orders shipping quote:
• Orders totaling $0 to $110 USD = $15.00,
• $110.01 to $200 USD = $30,
• $200.01 USD and up = $45.